- Linens and Bedding (towels, sheets, pillows, etc.)
- Foods (perishable and non-perishable)
- Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Light bulbs
- Cleaners (laundry detergent, disinfectants, etc.)
Volunteer as a host At our Saint Catherine's Shelter For Women and Children
Saint Catherine’s Shelter for Women and Children is an offsite night shelter managed by the Community Kitchen. Residents must be referred to the shelter by a program. There are eight beds available to shelter residents. Staff Coordinators open the shelter and are on call during the night, but rely on volunteers to spend the night.
- Individuals to act as Overnight Hostesses – Volunteer to arrive between 5:30PM and 5:45PM and stay overnight with the shelter residents. Hosts must be at least 21 years of age and are committed from 5:30PM to 6:30AM the next day
- Staff Coordinator will discuss rules of shelter, and go over any pertinent information pertaining to guests
- Volunteer will be responsible for supervising guests but should contact the coordinator in the event that assistance is needed
- Volunteer ensures that guests exit the shelter by 6:30AM
- Individuals or Groups are also needed to assist with supplies