- Clothing: socks, underwear (men and women), jeans, shirts, coats, shoes, deodorent, razors
- Household Items: furniture (not upholstered), dishes, flatware, appliances, electronics, antiques, and more!
Volunteer for the Clothing Program
The Consider the Lilies clothing give-away program and thrift store distributes free clothing and goods to those we serve while also selling items at reduced prices to the general public. Proceeds from sales are used to hire homeless and needy individuals.
Individuals or Groups:
- Sort clothes by size, age, etc.
- Size, tag and fold linens
- Organize items on the floor (put all of one item together)
- Periodically clean donated shoes, tie together
- Pair unusable shoes for recycling
- Take donations out of the box
- Test electrical appliances and rubber band cords together
- Assist customers on the floor
- Straighten up merchandise on the floor
- Help clean store: (dust, sweep, mop floors), wipe off counters, clean glass doors
- Color code racks according to articles of clothing